The Authority for Cycling in Sacramento CA Headline Animator

Friday, February 22, 2008

The Tour of California.. a long fun week

With the weather overcast to start the day last Sunday we all know it was going to be a rip roarin affair. Looking at the riders enjoying a warm up it was great to see the powerhouses of Cycling on the roads of Palo Alto! I found a great spot just over a Kilometer away from the finish and let me say it was the BEST place to be that day. Sitting on the curb ever so vigilant of riders running the gutters I saw some of the best hottest riding of the year.

The most challenging this was shooting the photos and avoiding the crowd in the process While this was how the road looked in warm ups it was packed by the time Levi came Ripping up the road! Gaging his speed from that of the others who had roared in before him we all knew he would not carry the day. We had all pulled though for him to carry the tour!

The days winner just happens to be the World Champion in this part of Cycling, his speed and power as he screamed by was impressive. To feel the wind created by a single rider tappin' out the power and carrying the speed. I can only say words do it no justice. For those who are able I recommend you take the time off next year. Make the effort and go watch the guys ride! See just what it is like to witness the beauty of the sport!

The rain of this last part of the week has passed, yesterday was so brutal riders could not handle the cold wet conditions! I know from commuting in these conditions that proper rain gear, while cumbersome, inconvenient and bulky will carry you through the day! You will sweat, you will be a little uncomfortable, BUT you will make it back and forth and not worry about how wet it is and if you are cold! I have found that with Winter weight knickers, a good rain pant, and rain jacket, you can make it a nice time riding. I did get out in the rain yesterday to work some miles in and the rain made me feel good! Maybe it is from watching the pros, maybe, it's the thrill of the ride.

SO let's get out and enjoy the weekend, it's time to RIDE folks!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.